Sunday, February 3, 2019

40 Days of Prayer: Day 34

EACF 40 Days of Prayer 2019
Day 34: For Visitors and Impact in the ATL

Atlanta today is welcoming a whole bunch of visitors - it's Super Bowl Sunday! Atlanta is a great town and a lot of people live here and more move here every year. We have visitors to our church as well. Let's pray today for our welcoming of visitors, not just for a cursory initial greeting, but for us to have Christ's heart in welcoming all who come to our community and to our church. Pray for us to be able to show real interest in others, to hear their stories and know their needs, to show them Christ and to invite them to grow together in faith. Pray for godly hospitality.

"For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me." - Matthew 25:35–36 ESV

"Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God." - Romans 15:7 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ephesians 4:29 Memory/Meditation

 "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, so that it gives grac...