Wednesday, January 29, 2020

EACF 40 Days of Prayer - January 29, 2020

EACF 40 Days of Prayer 2020
Day 29: Pray for God's Protection

"I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. Now they know that everything that you have given me is from you. For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them. ...I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. - John 17:6-10, 14-17

Jesus prayed for His disciples, acknowledging that we are hated by the world because we are not of the world, just as Jesus was not of the world. Do you experience this? If you do not experience a sense of discord or opposition with the way the world operates, you may not be living the life Jesus died to give us. If we follow Jesus, then we will be hated by the world.

But Jesus prayed not that we would be extracted from the world, but that the Father would keep [us] from the evil one. Do you know that there is such a thing as spiritual warfare? The battle is raging and we are in the midst of it! We are hit with temptations and distracted by non-Kingdom concerns. But Jesus prayed for us! And Jesus is still interceding for us from His seat in heaven. God is watching over us and His plan for us will not be thwarted. God protects us. Ask God for His help when you're feeling distant. Ask God for His help if you're encountering troubles. God is with us!

Pray for two people who need God's protection or God's Spirit to give them strength in their battles. Write down their names, and encourage them to by sending them a note! This is day 29 of praying for good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ephesians 4:29 Memory/Meditation

 "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, so that it gives grac...