Sunday, February 4, 2018

Forty Days of Prayer Day 35

Lord, let your Spirit bear fruit in our lives!

Galatians 5:22-24 ESV
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."

1 Timothy 1:16 ESV
"But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life."

Day 35 - Prayer for Patience
Patience is...a virtue! (I was late posting this today, so thanks for your patience.) Paul understood God's patience to him, a former persecutor of the church, who had to relearn everything he thought he knew about God. Jesus was patient with his disciples. God is patient with us still - I will be in process until the day I step into heaven.

But often I lose patience with those around me and, if I'm honest, with God, too. My agenda drives my desires into expectations for what those around me would be like and what God would do for me.

Let's pray for a heart of submission and patience, toward God and toward those around us. What would a patient heart look like in our relationships throughout EACF? How would that change our attitudes at work, school, home?

Keep praying!

- Pastor David

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ephesians 4:29 Memory/Meditation

 "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, so that it gives grac...