Thursday, January 17, 2019

40 Days of Prayer: Day 17

EACF 40 Days of Prayer 2019
Day 17: For parents

Parents need our prayer. We have a lot of new/young parents in our church. Pray for them to get rest, have strength, and to grasp joy in the journey of watching a young life develop. Pray for parents to grasp the call to disciple their children, showing their children Jesus and explaining the Gospel to their own children. Pray for grace to rule their relationships and love to power them. Pray for parents to grow in their own relationships with the Father so that they can parent with His love.

"O LORD, my heart is not lifted up;
        my eyes are not raised too high;
  I do not occupy myself with things
too great and too marvelous for me.
  But I have calmed and quieted my soul,
like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child is my soul within me.
 O Israel, hope in the LORD
from this time forth and forevermore.” - Psalm 131 ESV

"Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 'Honor your father and mother' (this is the first commandment with a promise), 'that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.' Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” - Ephesians 6:1-4 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ephesians 4:29 Memory/Meditation

 "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, so that it gives grac...